Saturday 16 May 2009

Requiem for Bishop Thomas Keogh

Bishop Thomas Keogh (1884-1969)
We take this opportunity to remind you that a Requiem Mass will be celebrated in the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes, Skeoghvosteen, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, at 12 noon on Saturday, 23rd May, 2009, for the repose of the Immortal Soul of Bishop Thomas Keogh, late Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin, who died on 22nd May, 1969.


On the occasion of his Episcopal Consecration, on 18th October, 1936, Bishop Keogh said: "There is one thing that I ask of you and it is this: I know the power of prayer, and I want you to pray for me that I may be able to fulfil the responsibilities of my office. I want you to pray and to pray always that, with God’s help, I may be able to fulfil the duties of an onerous and strenuous office so that when I stand before the Tribunal of Christ I may not be a failure." Irish Catholic Directory, 1937, pps 628-629.